Well, I have been officially been nominated for my second award. And even though I can’t believe that I have been nominated for one award, I guess it is time for me to accept I am officially (kind of) a blogger. Thanks a million times to BiterMarshmellos for thinking of me at all when given the chance to. It means a lot that you think enough of my blog to want others to venture over to my small circle of readers.
As there always is with awards, there are some rules that I should follow. I’ll list them really quickly right now: 1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. 2. Share 11 facts about yourself. 3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave to you 4. Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award. 5. Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer. 6. Let them know they’ve been nominated! And now I’m about to break them.
See, I’ve already answered most of the lovely questions I’ve been asked in other posts, so I have decided to use this as an opportunity to list some lesser known facts about myself so you can get to know the girl behind the blog a little bit more. So, stay tuned for eleven fascinating facts about myself that you more than likely didn’t care to know.
11 Facts About Me That I Probably Shouldn’t Put on the Internet
1. I have a dog and he’s kind of a jerk. And, no, I’m not being dramatic. My dog is one of the most self-absorbed animals I have ever encountered. He will give you the cold shoulder, knock your phone out of your hand, and expect belly rubs all at the once. He only cares about himself and cheese. So, he’s essentially me in dog form.
2. I’m tall and it’s annoying. Not to height-shame or anything, but any of my fellow tall girls can relate with me when I say it kinda sucks to be tall. Because, guys who are shorter typically don’t want to date you for fear of their losing their masculinity. Guys who are your exact height make you feel like you are constantly having to battle for dominance. And the guys who are taller than you always seem to want to be with girls who are literally less than five feet tall. And don’t even get me started on the short girls who refuse to date any guy less than six feet tall. But those tall guys won’t be so happy with their choice when their future kids can’t make it on varsity because they’re a few inches too short so HA.
3. I’m an extremely picky eater. There are picky eaters, and then there are picky eaters who literally eat basically the same exact meal everyday. I just so happen to fall in the latter. I am so outrageously picky that it even annoys myself. And I know you’re probably thinking “Oh it can’t be that bad.” Well, trust me, Susan. It is. I eat salad without dressing. I hate hamburgers. And hotdogs. And steak. And turkey. And fish (except for certain types of sushi). I also hate mashed potatoes, ice cream, and basically almost every other food that the rest of the world seems to love.
4. I’ve never been out of the country. But I’m planning on changing that soon. When I was little I was always filled with wanderlust. I wanted to go everywhere and experience everything. I also had an unhealthy obsession with Great Britain (we can thank the band One Direction for that). I always thought by the time I reached this age I would have at least visited Canada by now, but I haven’t. I do hope to study abroad soon, though, so stay tuned to see if I ever get to travel.
5. Speaking of country: I’m from the south. Which, is fun, I guess? There’s not many things for people to do here and the restaurant options are terrible, but I love it down here. There’s nothing more beautiful than the sight of a colorful sunset reaching through the trees. But there’s also nothing worse than the smell of fertilizer during the summer, so you win some and you lose some, I guess.
6. I go to college in the city. My college is only around three hours away from my hometown but it honestly feels like an entirely different world. There are so many places to see and new adventures to discover. I love being close to shopping malls and movie theaters and the insane amounts of amazing restaurants. But, the downfalls of being up here is the homesickness, obviously, and how terrible the traffic can be. I’m happy with my decision, though, because I love my college.
7. I’m in a sorority. Which, is seriously something I never would have predicted to happen in my life. I’m a first generation college student so my only knowledge of Greek Life as a whole was based off of movies like Neighbors and I was kind of skeptical of it. But now, my sorority is such a big part of my life that I can’t imagine myself not being in it. I’ll probably make a post later talking about why I joined.
8. Beauty products are making me broke. Right now there are so many amazing (and expensive) brands out there with so many great products. And while it’s awesome that there are so many options out there that I want to own, it is not so great for my bank account. Seriously, I should be banned from walking into a Sephora for the next five years so that I can have a healthy adult bank account.
9. My dream job is to be a producer. Ever since I was little I have been obsessed with media. Television, movies, books, magazines– everything. I’ve always just been so entranced by the world of pop culture and have always wanted to be a part of it. And as I’ve grown older and tried my hand at editing and public relations, I’ve realized that my passion has never faded. I want to one day be the person behind the scenes, making something that will inspire others on a global scale.
10. Shopping irritates me. And no, it’s not because I detest malls or because I am not a big fan of fashion. I actually love fashion and could spend hours on end at the mall if I had the time or the money. I just get upset because there is a serious lack of fashionable and reasonably-priced clothes for curvy girls who aren’t average height. Any tall or petite girl can relate to this when I say it is nearly impossible to find jeans to fit correctly at a store. And if you happen to have a chest then best of look on finding a shirt that won’t feel too tight over that area! And, for the love of God, don’t get me started on how impossible it is to find shorts or a skirt if you’re tall and want it to be able to stay at a length that your dad wouldn’t disown you for wearing. It’s like retailers only cater to a certain type of body type and studiously ignore the rest of us. I would love to be able to walk into a store, find fashionable clothes that actually fit me, and not have to pay an arm and a leg for it.
11. I literally have no idea what my future holds. But I’m (wishfully) thinking that most other people my age feel the same exact way. I’m not sure if one day I’ll be a mother. Or if I’ll ever get married. Heck, I don’t even know where I plan on living after I graduate from college. Right now, my entire future can only be defined with a massive question mark. And that’s kind of terrifying, but hey. We’re not supposed to have our entire lives completely mapped out before we turn twenty, right? So, for now, I’ll take things one step at a time and try to figure things out as I navigate through life. And of course, I’ll keep you guys updated along my journey.
Since I recently did a post similar to this and will be nominating similar people, instead of asking them additional questions, I figured I would just ask them to also share eleven facts about themselves too so that I can learn more about them. During my short time on this site, I have discovered that there are so many fascinating creators on this site and I wish I had the time to get to know each of them individually. I look up to so many other bloggers on this site, and I hope that one day people will look up to me as well. So, I am planning on using this opportunity to get to know more about these certain people.
Please follow and check out the blogs of all of my nominees, because they are all genuinely talented people who deserve even more recognition: Tasha Louise, Just M.E., Chloe Burford, Scattered Stars, Jenny Lee, Nicculent, and Alex McKay.
I hope you enjoyed this! I can’t quite wrap my head around the fact that when someone sees an award, that I would even pop in their head. It means so much to me! I have a lot of plans for the future of this blog and I hope you guys stick around as I go on this journey! Comment below a fact about yourself that not many people know. Also, be sure to like and follow to stay up to date with me! And, as always, stay rad.